This is simple recipe that you can whip up with your love ones on weekend afternoon if you are craving for a dessert or you can even have it for the following day breakfast. You can use a loaf pan or substitute it with muffin cups like we did.
- 2 to 3 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) very ripe bananas,peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup (76g) butter, unsalted or salted, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (150g) sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (205g) all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C and prepare 12 Muffin Cups and lay over a baking tray
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a spoon/fork or scoop until completely smooth. Whisk in the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda, salt, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
4. After it is combined, stir in the sugar until it dissolves.
5. Sift in the flour slowly and thoroughly mix it up until a gooey textured is formed.
6. Pour the batter into your prepared muffin cups or loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let the muffin cups cool on a wire rack until room temperature before serving.
8. Enjoy with a hot cup of tea and share with your love ones.